Q. What do I do in the event of an emergency?
A. We have someone available 24/7 for repairs and maintenance emergencies. If you have an emergency, please call (905) 632-4435 to get the emergency number. Please use this only for emergencies. For routine repairs and maintenance, please fill out the repair request form that can be obtained from your superintendent.

Q. How much notice do I have to give when I want to move out?
A. Under the Tenant Protection Act (and previous legislation) the minimum notice period is 60 days ending on the last day of the month and all tenants are asked to comply with that. If a tenant needs to move sooner we will try to re-rent the apartment before the 60 days expire however we still expect the tenant to pay the rent when due. We will refund the appropriate rent if we are successful at re-renting the apartment. The N9 forms are available online or from your superintendent.

Q. Can I assign my apartment?
A. We do not usually allow tenants to assign their apartments however we do appreciate any referrals you are able to give us. We will gladly write a new agreement with your referral if they are accepted. Subletting is not allowed without written permission from head office.

Q. Can I change apartments within the building?
A. We are happy to accommodate changes in family size where we are able however we do not allow moves between same sized apartments, except in rare circumstances.

Q. Can I choose my parking space?
A. All parking spaces are assigned by the superintendents and we request that all residents park only in the space(s) assigned to them. Also, please ask your visitors not to park in the parking lot. All our locations have convenient on street parking.

Q. I have a visitor staying overnight. Where should they park?
A. Most of our locations do not have visitors parking. If you have a visitor staying overnight or for an extended period, please contact your superintendent and if they have space available they will assign temporary parking for them.

Q. I have a washer, dryer and dishwasher I would like to use. Can I use them?
A. We do not allow these in the apartments due to problems in the past. If you have any of these, please contact the superintendent and we will try to find storage space for them.

Q. I need to get rid of old furniture. Can I use the garbage bins on the property?
A. Our garbage bin contractors do not allow for furniture to be disposed of in the bins. Tenants are responsible for the removal of any old furniture. Our maintenance manager does have a pick up truck and may be able to help for a reasonable fee. Please ask your superintendent to contact him if you wish to use his services. Also bulk pick up may be available, ask your superintendent for more information.

Q. Do I need to have content insurance for my apartment?
A. Our insurance policy does not cover tenants personal property or vehicles. As a result, every tenant should ensure their property and also have liability insurance; this is written into the lease and is a requirement for all residents. We recommend that you discuss your needs with an insurance broker.

If you have any questions that we did not address, you may contact your superintendent or send us an email directly by clicking here.